You will be the leading expert of the Marine Environment team of IMDC.
You will manage marine environmental aspects of IMDC projects, in close collaboration with the teams of the Marine Modelling team, the Measurement team, the Offshore, coastal and estuarine processes teams, the real time forecasting team, the coastal zone management team, the Dredging team.
You will perform project management of projects as well as expertise tasks in your domain.
You are familiar with and experienced in client oriented communication, amongst which balancing expectations, leading progress meetings and oral and written communication.
You are constantly alert to new developments and project opportunities.
You will also be responsible for business development in your domain of marine ecology.
You will write and be responsible for the part of the IMDC-proposals related to your domain.
You take initiative to report your progress to the management or to ask colleagues for advice.
You constantly increase your knowledge throughout projects, contacts with academic researchers & institutes and conferences.
- You have preferably a degree in marine environment, marine biology or bio- engineering, possibly complemented by a PhD in marine ecology.
- You have at least 10 years of experience with regard to this field.
- Thorough knowledge of marine, coastal and estuarine systems is an indisputable requirement.
- You have experience with project management and the management of highly qualified employees.
- You have a network, nationally and internationally, with possible clients, scientists and institutes in your domain.
- You are willing to work on national and international projects.
- You have excellent reporting skills, both oral and written.
- You have an excellent knowledge of English. A very good knowledge of Dutch (oral and written) is an advantage.
What we offer
- A challenging and varied job where initiative is appreciated.
- A young and dynamic working environment where professional development is encouraged.
- A range of challenging (inter)national projects, with challenging assignments abroad.
- A permanent technical education to keep your knowledge up-to-date.
- An attractive salary and a range of non-statutory (fringe) benefits.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile and are you interested in working at IMDC? If so, please do not hesitate to send your CV and cover letter to IMDC, Van Immerseelstraat 66, 2018 Antwerp for the attention of Fabienne Edwards or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application will be treated with the utmost discretion.
For more than 30 years IMDC has been a leading consultant in Flanders, specialised in the execution of national and international water related engineering and consultancy projects. At this moment we work with 100+ highly qualified employees on projects integrating scientific research with hydraulic engineering. IMDC acquired a vast experience in the field of marine and estuarine systems, dredging technology, coastal engineering, ports and offshore structures, river basin management, waterways and inland navigation, hydraulic design, environmental studies and in situ measurement techniques.
Since 1985 IMDC is part of the Tractebel Engineering Group.
More information about our company and projects can be found on our website www.imdc.be