Coordinator: Prof. Michele MOSSA – POLIBA.
The role of universities, centers of knowledge and innovation in science and technology, are deeply changing according to the European strategic objectives of smart and sustainable growth, considering the necessity of a different and more fruitful relationship between the world of knowledge and the social and productive world. In particular, the task of the Technical University of Bari, the unique technical university in South Italy, is essential in order to support the development and economic prosperity and encourage wise use of land and natural resources. In this context, the issues addressed by the PhD in Environmental and Building Risk and Development are crucial and, considering the complexity of the involved systems, need a highly multidisciplinary approach. The Department of Civil, Environmental, Building Engineering and Chemistry, DICATECh, thanks to the different scientific sectors involved and its typical interdisciplinary and highly specialized areas, has organized a PhD course whose main aim is carrying out highly qualified research and professional activities at national and international levels, not only addressed to the design of new works, but also to the control and the management of complex systems already constructed.
- Total number of available positions: 11
- total number of available scholarships: 9, including:
- number of available scholarships awarded by the Politecnico di Bari: 7
- number of available scholarships awarded by the Politecnico di Bari (with a specific-research project: reclamation, environmental improvements and redevelopment of the Taranto area):1
- number of available scholarships reserved to applicants with a foreign degree: 1
- number of positions without scholarship: 2
The application form must be submitted by 12:00 pm (Italian time) on September, 14th 2015 according to the online procedure described in the Admission selection call; failure to do so will result in exclusion from the selection process.
Examinations and dates:
- Assessment of the qualification: soon after the deadline of the call, on the basis of the submitted documentation
- Interview: 9:00 am October 1st 2015, aula esami del plesso di Ingegneria delle Acque del Dipartimento di Ingegneria Civile, Ambientale, del Territorio, Edile e di Chimica (DICATECh) del Politecnico di Bari, via E. Orabona, 4 – 70125 Bari (Campus Universitario E. Quagliariello)