CH2M HILL would like to recruit a Principal Coastal Modeller to work on our Water projects in the UK. We can be flexible on the location and will consider candidates who can work in Warrington, Peterborough, Exeter or Swindon.
With over 600 water engineers and specialists we are determined to retain our position as the number one global consultant in water and have a strong pipeline of projects to deliver. We aim to be the consultant of choice when clients face their most difficult challenges and we know this means recruiting and developing the best talent in the business.
You will join an established team working on projects that make a difference to coastal communities and the environment. Working predominantly in coastal risk management you will be involved in coastal engineering projects ranging from coastal erosion and flood risk management, port and maritime engineering projects, waterfront development projects and climate change projects for a range of public and private sector clients across the globe. You will have the chance to assist in the delivery of our portfolio of projects working as part of an integrated and forward thinking team with the opportunity to learn from and assist key specialists.
We are seeking an experienced coastal modeller who has a proven track record of delivering coastal modelling activities and is ready to take on new responsibilities for project delivery and for supervision and mentoring of more junior colleagues.
Working within a team you will make a major contribution to design projects and packages of work within our established frameworks with leading clients and on stand-alone projects from clients across the globe. We will provide you with the responsibilities, activities and support you need to take your career to the next level.
Working as part of a modelling team, you will provide modelling inputs to coastal related projects for a range of clients. Your key responsibilities will be to:
· Construct and run a range of coastal models (1-D, 2-DH, 2-DV and 3D models) including models for waves, current flows, sediment transport, etc.
· lead packages of modelling work to time and budget
· develop technical skills of more junior colleagues
· produce reports and technical notes summarising your findings and recommendations
· provide support to sales managers in developing proposals
· ensure compliance with technical governance arrangements
· manage your own time to ensure successful delivery of projects
· engage in liaison with internal clients to develop relationships across the business
· Continued Professional Development
An excellent understanding and practical experience in at least three of the following coastal processes:
(1) Waves on beaches and ports/marinas;
(2) Tidal, wind and wave driven hydrodynamics;
(3) Sediment transport;
(4) Shoreline/nearshore morphology and interaction with coastal and estuarine infrastructure;
(5) Water quality on beaches and waterfront developments
· A good understanding of the main equations used to describe coastal processes, their limitations, and how these equations are solved in numerical models.
· Proven experience in the interpretation and use of model results to provide expert advice for engineering studies.
· Extensive experience in applying industry standard software such as Mike 21/3 and Delft3D.
· The ability to work as part of an International team, with the pressures and opportunities that this implies.
· Good skills in the use of Matlab for data processing and analysis.
· GIS skills (ArcGIS or MapInfo) and a scientific programming language (e.g. Fortran).
· M.Sc. or Ph.D. degree in coastal engineering, applied mathematics or closely related physical sciences and relevant post-graduation experience.
· Must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom.
Please apply using the link below.