|Engineer specialised in hydraulic modelling, Belgium
|Antea®Group is looking for a creative, skilled, and motivated Engineer specialised in hydraulic modelling to grow our Water Business Unit in Belgium.
Antea®Group is an international engineering and environmental consulting firm specializing in full-service solutions in the fields of environment, infrastructure, urban planning and water. The work of our Water Business Unit is focused on coastal zone management, water management systems, flood forecasting, water policy, surface and groundwater and modeling, urban water, sediment management..
Due to the increasing number of assignments, our Business Unit Water is seeking a engineer specialized in hydraulic modeling.
You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team working in one or more of the following areas :
· Water quantity modeling: Building and running water quantity models for rivers or in a marine environment, pre-and post data processing, calibration and validation, model optimization, sensitivity analysis.
· Water quality modeling: starting from the water quantity model, build, calibrate and operate quality models. Also, data analysis, and sensitivity analysis model optimization are part of water quality modeling.
· Sewer models: The aim is both to build a model, to simulate an existing state of a sewerage system, to identify bottlenecks and simulate possible solutions for a planned state of the sewer;
· University degree;
· Your mother tongue is English or Dutch (or you are very fluent in one or more of these languages), you have the willingness to learn Dutch in a short period;
· General knowledge of hydraulics and hydrology is a must. Experience in marine environment is a plus.
· You have at least one 1 year experience with numerical models, preferably with TELEMAC.
· Knowledge and talent for programming
· You have the ambition to quickly build expertise in numerical modeling, data processing and interpretation of measurements and model results and become an internal expert in your field;
· You are technologically literate, an organizer and strive for quality and accuracy.
· You are eager to demonstrate your skills in a competitive environment and convince the client of the added value of Antea Group;
· You are willing to carry out a part of your work at a location other than our offices, either in Belgium (e.g. at the client’s offices) or abroad (e.g. in the framework of an international project);
In addition to the required technical skills we are looking for a team player. Our new employee will think and plan along with our integrated water assignments.
We offer an exciting technical function with extensive development opportunities and responsibilities within a theme-oriented and participatory company. An eager and dynamic team awaits your input in the development of flood forecasting projects in both domestic and foreign markets. Our new colleague can count on intensive supervision by experienced experts. We offer a supportive working environment that promotes an atmosphere of cooperation and camaraderie. We create a foundation for success by encouraging employee initiative and active participation in the growth of the firm.
Position is available in our Antwerp offices.
Send your letter of interest and CV to:
Account Manager Surface water modeling Business Unit WATER
Poortakkerstraat 41, B-9051 Ghent, Belgium
Tel. +32 (0)9 261 63 00