Antea Group is a consultancy company, developing sustainable and integral solutions relating to our environment. Antea Group is part of the holding Oranjewoud NV, conducting activities in the areas of civil infrastructure, railways, buildings, the environment, spatial development, and recreation. Oranjewoud NV currently has some 9,500 employees and has offices in Europe, United States, Colombia and Africa. More information can be found on www.anteagroup.com
Within the Belgium office, the research domains of the Business Unit Water focus on water policy, surface and groundwater and modelling, urban water, sediment management, coastal zone management, water management systems and water related issues. More information can be found on www.anteagroup.be
Due to the increasing number of assignments, our Business Unit Water is seeking an engineer/geologist specialised in dredging applications.
Your role includes among others:
• Set-up and execution of physical lab experiments with sediments;
• Application of numerical sediment modeling techniques;
• To investigate coastal & harbour sedimentation issues;
• The use of empirical sedimentation & consolidation models;
• Design of scenarios to optimize the dredging management of the Flemish ports and Scheldt estuary;
• Analysis of collected data including automatisation
• Reporting the research results
• Participate in scientific presentations and publications of the performed study
• University degree, preferably civil engineering, bio-engineering or geology
• Knowledge of English, preferably Dutch
• Minimum five years experience in data analysis of sedimentation issues in ports and/or harbours.
• Knowledge of sedimentation, consolidation & geotechnical models
• General knowledge of hydraulics, morphology, field measurements, data processing and interpretation of measurement and model results.
In addition to the required technical skills we are looking for a team player. Our new employee will think and plan along with our integrated water assignements.
• We offer you an exciting technical function with extensive development opportunities and responsibilities in a thema-oriented and participatory company
• An eager and dynamic team awaits your input in the development of integrated water projects in both domestic and foreign market
• Location Antwerp
• An intensive supervision of an experienced staff
Account Manager Business Unit WATER