Professors Thorsten Stoesser and Roger Falconer of the Hydro-environmental Research Centre of the Cardiff School of Engineering have recently been awarded an EPSRC research grant.
The main aim of this project is to refine a CFD model that allows accurate predictions of the flow over rough beds in open channels.
The RA is expected to:
· refine an existing large-eddy simulation code to allow predictions of free surface open-channel flows.
· analyse statistical flow data and compare simulation results with measured data.
· work as part of a team and in collaboration with the partner university in delivering the research programme.
· produce work of publishable quality for appropriate peer reviewed journals and international conference proceedings and present the findings to the wider community.
· A PhD degree, or expected to obtain one soon, in a relevant subject area.
· Evidence of the ability to engage in, and contribute to, writing and publishing research papers in refereed journals
· Evidence of ability to be self-motivated and to work independently.
· Experience of development and use of computer code to solve (environmental) fluid dynamics problems
· Expertise in two (or more) of the following four research fields,
-computational fluid dynamics
-large-eddy or direct numerical simulation
Please contact Thorsten Stoesser for inquiries and further details: email@example.com