Antea Group is looking for a creative, skilled, and motivated numerical modeler (hydrodynamics and sediment transport 2D/3D) to grow our Water Business Unit in Belgium.
Antea(r)Group is an international engineering and environmental consulting firm specializing in full-service solutions in the fields of environment, infrastructure, urban planning and water. The work of our Water Business Unit is focused on coastal zone management, water management systems, flood forecasting, water policy, surface and groundwater and modeling, urban water, sediment management. Due to our continued growth and success we are looking to expand our team with a numerical modeler.
Your key role:
- Assist project teams during feasibility studies, proposal processes or detailed designs that require numerical models for rivers and estuaries.
- Develop, execute and analyze model scenarios to design hydraulic structures and estimate morphological processes in rivers and estuaries using Delft 3D and/or Telemac.
- Report technical activities and findings in reports and publications
The candidate must have demonstrated experience in numerical modeling of rivers and estuaries (2D/3D) for consulting services.
He/she should possess and be able to demonstrate the following skills and knowledge:
- University degree;
- Fluent in English; fluency in Spanish or French is an added value
- Knowledge of the Dutch language is an extra. If not, the candidate should have the willingness to learn Dutch in a short period;
- Strong problem solving skills, oral/written communication skills and proven success in developing and implementing new processes and/or taking a different course of action
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Email, Excel, PowerPoint and Access) for reports and communications;
- Proficiency with Delft 3D and/or Telemac.
- Advanced computer skills and programming experience in MATLAB, C++.
- Knowledge and talent for programming (FORTRAN, Java, .Net) area plus;
- Technological literacy, strong organizational skills and strive for quality and accuracy;
- Strong motivation and ability to solve difficult technical challenges through innovation, dedication and cooperation with a global team
- Willing to carry out part of the work at a location other than our offices, either in Belgium (e.g. at the client's offices) or abroad (e.g. in the framework of an international project);
We offer an exciting technical function with extensive development opportunities and responsibilities within a theme-oriented and participatory company. An eager and dynamic team awaits your input in the development of flood forecasting projects in both domestic and foreign markets. Our new colleague can count on intensive supervision by experienced experts. We offer a supportive working environment that promotes an atmosphere of cooperation and camaraderie. We create a foundation for success by encouraging employee initiative and active participation in the growth of the firm.
In addition to the required technical skills we are looking for a team player. Our new employee will think and plan along with our integrated water assignments.
Position is available in our Gent or Antwerp offices.
Send your letter of interest and CV to:
Renaat De Sutter
Team Manager Business Unit WATER
Poortakkerstraat 41, B-9051 Ghent, Belgium
+32 (0)9 261 63 31 | +32 (0)485 55 60 76