|Post-Doc Positions in the School of Water Resources and Hydropower Engineering, Wuhan University, China
|What to study: Mechanics of Sediment Transport; Modelling of Fluvial Processes; Flood Modelling in Urban and Rural Areas
To be appointed: 2 Post-doc Research Fellows
The School of Water Resources and Hydropower Engineering at Wuhan University is seeking highly-motivated and creative Post-Doctoral Fellows to carry out studies in the fields of fundamental theory of sediment transport, analysis of fluvial processes in reservoirs and alluvial rivers below dams, numerical modelling of sediment transport and channel deformation; flood modelling in urban and rural areas, flood risk assessment.
Post-Doctoral Researchers will collaborate with Prof. Junqiang Xia (his biography is shown below). Potential candidates can contact Prof. Xia (email@example.com) to discuss the position in the first instance. This is open to both home and international candidates.
(1) PhD Degree (have obtained for no more than three years) in the fields of Hydraulics and River Dynamics, Fluvial Geomorphology, Estuarine and Coastal Engineering;
(2) Ability to developing models, numerical tools, and writing computer codes;
(3) Good communication skills in order to liaise effectively with the government and industrial partners and other researchers;
(4) Under thirty three years old, and good physical and psychological health.
Salary and benefits
(1) The salary ranges between 200,000 and 300,000 CNY/yr, depending on the evaluation result by the collaboration supervisor and the university panel, based on the applicant’s academic achievements;
(2) One apartment can be rented from the university with a lower price;
(3) Financial support for attending conferences and other research activities;
(4) Additional year-end allowance for excellent research results.
Biography of Prof. Junqiang Xia
Prof. Xia is the Head of Department of River Engineering at Wuhan University in China. He has the reputable title of “Distinguished Professor of Changjiang Scholars” from the Chinese Ministry of Education, and is the gainer of “National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars” from the National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC). He has been a Principal Investigator or Co-investigator for more than 20 research programs, including six national major grants from NSFC and the Chinese Ministry of Science and Technology. Furthermore, two national second-prizes were awarded to him for the National Science and Technology Progress by the State Council of China, and nine ministry-level first- or second-prizes were also awarded for the Science and Technology Progress. In addition, he also received three international awards from the UK Royal Academy of Engineering. More than 220 academic papers have been published, including about 60 SCI-indexed papers in international journals.