We are looking for a motivated candidate for a MSc/PhD position in sea level surge modelling. The research project will use numerical modelling method to study the impacts of northeast monsoon and sea level rise on sea level surge along the northeast coast of Peninsular Malaysia.
1. Bachelor or Master’s degree in Civil, Coastal or Ocean Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or a closely related discipline.
2. Knowledge and experience in hydrodynamic, wave and tide modelling would be an advantage.
3. Solid programming skills in Fortran and MATLAB.
4. Able to write and converse well in English.
5. Capacity to think and work independently and in a diverse group of scientists and engineers.
How to Apply:
Your application must include the following documents, ideally sent as a single pdf file to Dr. Lim, Chai Heng (email@example.com)
1. One-page cover letter describing your relevant background and interests
2. Detailed curriculum vitae
3. Academic transcripts and certificates
4. Names and contact information of three referees
5. List of conference articles or peer-reviewed publications in a journal, if any
Priority will be given to Malaysian applicants. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.