|Quantitative River Ecologist, CSIRO, Australia
The role of Research Scientist Staff in CSIRO is to conduct innovative research leading to scientific achievements that are aligned with CSIRO's strategies. You may be engaged in scientific activity ranging from fundamental research to the investigation of specific industry or community problems. You will have the opportunity to build and maintain networks, play a lead role in securing project funds, provide scientific leadership and pursue new ideas and approaches that create new concepts. You may be involved in leading research projects or undertaking work that has impact on the development of scientific or technical knowledge.
The role will utilise skills in integrating ecohydrology and/or ecological modelling within a broader interdisciplinary understanding of aquatic systems, in order to inform environmental water management and policy. The scientist will play a key role in leading basin-scale integrative environmental research and building relationships with government and non-government customers.
Location: Black Mountain, ACT
To be successful you will have:
1. A doctorate and or equivalent research experience in a relevant discipline area, such as quantitative ecology, ecological modelling or ecohydrology.
2. A demonstrated understanding of ecological principals.
3. Demonstrated ability to develop models within an interdisciplinary framework to inform management of water to achieve ecological outcomes.
4. A strong record working with stakeholders.
5. Evidence of ability to win external research funding.
6. Experience working with government policy-makers and environmental managers.
7. The ability to work effectively as a member or leader of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, and carry out independent individual research, to achieve organisational goals.
8. A significant record of science innovation and creativity plus the ability to apply well developed research skills to scientific investigations.
To view the full position description document for this position visit our careers website at https://jobs.csiro.au/ and search for this role using job reference number 29741.
AT CSIRO WE INVENT THE FUTURE
We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Our solutions make a difference to industry, people and the planet.
As Australia’s national science agency, we’ve been pushing the edge of what’s possible for almost 90 years. Today we have thousands of talented people working across Australia and internationally. Our people work closely with industry and communities to leave a lasting legacy. Collectively, our innovation and excellence places us in the top ten applied research agencies in the world.
WE COLLABORATE TO INNOVATE
Applications close: 11:59pm AEDT on Sunday 12th March 2017.
This is a readvertised role (previously advertised as 'River Ecosystem Modeller'). Previous applicants need not apply.
To apply for this position you will be required to submit one document that contains your resume and a cover letter (of up to two pages) expressing your interest in the role and broadly addressing your suitability.